I've read 3 VERY different books this last month! Here they are...
This book Chains was for my book group. And I really didn't get into it. It's a good story about an African girl that was sold into Slavery during the Revolutionary War. I usually LOVE historical fiction and claim it's my favorite genre. And this book was good. I just never became completely addicted to it. (maybe that's a good thing;) )
The Dead Tossed Waves is a great book! I've had it on hold at the library forever and it finally came in! You have to read the first one though The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Both great books if you like Sci-Fi. It's about our world hundreds of years from now and everything has been taken over by a virus, similar to the idea of Will Smiths I am Legend. But this is the story of the survivors. I really liked it, very fast past and continual action. 
Left Neglected. Oh where to begin... I also had this book on hold FOREVER at the library, and was way excited when it finally came in! This book was amazing. It's a fictional story of a strong working mother that suffers from severe brain damage and it's her story of recovery. This book makes you stop and think about what's important in your life, and I really fell in love with the main character. I definitely recommend this one if your looking for a summer read.



2 comments:
That's so fun that you're in a book club! I wish I had more time to read. It'd also be nice to be a faster reader... maybe one day.. ;)
And to answer your question, YES! That's around your house, I guess! My Dad was doing his band performance at Bob's Brainfreeze (his friend owns it & was hosting a charity event for their friend). I saw that sign and was like, "What?" Haha. Funny. :)
Now added to my library list. Except I can NEVER find time to read! So, I listen to books now and I'm loving it! I listen while I clean, while I garden, and just when I'm in the mood. Thank you for the suggestions!
Post a Comment