Monday, August 26, 2013

Pantry and Office Reveal !

Finally! I am going to post some pics of our big remodel project! So it started with the moment I realized I just bought a house without a pantry! My fabulous handyMan whipped up a plan to make me one and I was thrilled:) Basically within days of moving in to our beautiful new home we were smashing walls down with a sledge hammer! It was great fun! So pictured below is my view from my front door. We had a sitting room/front room and we decided we didn't need one quite so big so we knocked a hole into the kitchen and built our pantry into the front room.


Before/during construction.
I don't have an "actual" before picture but just imagine a plain white wall there instead of 2x4's.


This is the view from the front door. The front room.
After
This is the view from the kitchen side. Into the pantry.

Then Brock put dry wall up and mud and built me some fabulous shelves.


 I decided I wanted something special in my pantry so I decided to stencil the back with this fab stencil I picked up for 1.99 at Hobby Lobby!

Stencil process. It took a while but I didn't mind the work. 
Ta da! Pantry complete! 

And here is the door to the pantry! All complete! 
So we decided we didn't really need a front sitting room (plus we didn't want to buy a couch we would never use!) So we decided to make the front room an office:)

View again from the front door right when you walk in the front door.
BEFORE 


After! 
And my handyMan built me a book shelf! I feel like I have my own library! Heaven!

So there you have it! 2 projects actually mostly complete! We only have about 7 other ones that we've started and haven't yet finished but when they get done I will be sure to post them!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I LOVE it!!
geez, will you come decorate my house? :)

Kelly Jean said...

Ohh my gosh.. is this your house, or pics from a magazine?! ;) I completely adore what you've done with the place -- the colorful door, striped walls.. everything! Great job!!