Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall here we come!

What a fun summer..and it went by so fast! But I do love fall it's beautiful, I love the temperature, I love going back to school, football season, my birthday. The only bad part is that Winter comes next:( which means lots of time indoors! But the last month we've had lots of fun saying goodbye to summer. Brock hasn't had work in a while so during the day when he wasn't looking for a job and wasn't driving me crazy we took advantage of some of the free time that we had. We went to the Museum of Natural History up at the U and it was fun, at least I thought so! Here's Brock and Isaac checking out the Dino bones I suppose they don't look all that entertained...:)

After the museum we went outside to Presidents Circle and ate some lunch. It was fun being at my old stomping grounds;) It made me wish I was going back to school a little bit. I loved class I just hated homework. Anyway I love this picture because Isaac is giving me "loves" which are my favorite! On another morning I dragged Brock out of bed and we went up Millcreek canyon to go hiking. It was fun and we got a good workout. Isaac loves hiking! I took him on his first Hike when he was 5 weeks old and he still loves it now! Then of course we had Swiss Days my favorite part of the end of summer! It was a bit hot this year which made it a little miserable but I still had fun. And I think next year will be better because Isaac won't be coming. He was a trooper though and he even took a nap while I walked around. It was fun to just be with my mom and grandmas and sister in-laws. This is the only pic I took but all those other people were there as well.

Then after Swiss days Isaac and I went up to Strawberry to stay over night. We had great fun. It was so beautiful and cool it felt great. We were sad daddy couldn't come but we had fun anyway!
So that pretty much sums up the latest happenings around here. Brock finally found a job he's going to be an intern for a company called Dunkin and Bush. Something with commercial construction but I cant explain it. So he has work until December for sure and then if they like him he might stay on longer so we're excited about that. Its been fun having Brock around but I'm sure glad that he's headed back to work!

6 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Hooray, you blogged! That is great that Brock found a job. I am starting to really hate this economy.
I hope you found someone to say the prayer in RS on Sunday!
When is your bday? Maybe I will make you some waffle cake or whatever that was. It was so good!!

Heather said...

Oh, you guys are soo cute! What a fun summer you had! So, when are we getting together again?

{McGinty's} said...

you are so gorgeous britt. unfair! haha. I just love ya. Looks like you ahve had some fun times.

Jace and Dusti said...

I'm not looking forward to winter either. We are going to have to do a bunch of stuff together to keep us occupied. I love all your pics though. You're such a good mom always doing fun stuff. I can't wait for that part. I'm sick of sitting on my butt "healing" boo, no fun! Oh by the way I watched She's the Man and died laughing! Love that show still!

The Payton's Place said...

good times. fun summer, sad to see it go! :(

jake.shalise said...

I'm a little late on commenting on this post.. but I'm jealous you went to Swiss days I wish I went hopefully next year I'm not busy ha! We haven't had a play date in forever.. let's fix that ;)