Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Reads

I haven't posted my books I've been reading this summer, so I thought I'd take a quick minute and fill you in on the books I've read the last month or so...


Still Alice by Lisa Genova


Loved this book! It's a serious book about a woman diagnosed with early onset alzheimers. It's amazing. And really makes you consider life worth living.




Widow's War by Sally Gunning


I was in need of a book and just randomly picked this up at the library. It was a good read, I liked it, if you only read 1 book a year I wouldn't recommend this one but if you can't find anything to read it was good. It's a good historical fiction.


Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale.


This book was way fun and a quick read. It was the book for my book group. It's juvenille fiction but I still liked it.




The Goose Girl also by Shannon Hale.


Since I liked Book of a Thousand Days I decided to pick up more books by Shannon Hale and I loved this one. I thought it was better then the Book of a Thousand Days. This book is just good fun fiction. You completely become lost in this land of royalty, I really loved it. I love a good book that takes you to far away places every now and then:)

1 comments:

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

WOW! You read A LOT Brittany! Way to go. I read the Forest of Hands and Teeth prior to your last book post. I liked it so thanks! I think I'm going to read The Goose Girl after I finish Hunger Games since my sister told me she loved it too!