Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My boys...

Officers Payton & Payton

Happy Halloween! Best Friends (most of the time;) I love to see them play together, I hope they will stick together when this baby girl comes in (less than 10 weeks!!)
I had a wonderful opportunity to go to a Hillary Weeks concert a couple of weeks ago with my grandma. She sang a song called "Stand Still" and she explained she wrote the song based off of a moment she had with her 9 year old daughter. She said a thought came to her that "you have the opportunity to know your kids as adults for all of eternity but you only get these few precious years to know them as children." I loved this! And I've thought a lot about it since I heard her say it, and it's helped me get through the hard "mommy moments". I stop and take a minute with my boys and enjoy them as children, as a 1 year old and a 3 year old because this is the only time I get to know them as toddlers...

3 comments:

St. George's Medical School said...

That is cool I like that insight, Hillary Weeks has some great songs! Your boys are so stinking cute! And don't you worry I'm sure your boys will be best buds when your cute little girl arrives!

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

What an amazing thought! Thank you so much for sharing! Your boys are adorable and you make me excited to have two boys close in age too. You're a great example to me Britt! So thank you!

Unknown said...

I so needed to hear that. I need to remember it every second of the day. Life passes too quickly, I never want to forget them as such sweet innocent people.