Friday, April 27, 2012

When Mom gets sick

When mom's get sick it's a sad, sad day. Try and think of all the times your mom was sick. Not like a cold, like down in bed can barely get up to pee kind of sick. I can only think of twice for my own mother. Otherwise she was always up, making our food, cleaning our house, taking us places. I'm sure there were other times that I just don't remember...maybe I'll have to ask her about it.
Well I am just getting over my SECOND breast infection since Sadie was born and let me tell you, it was no parade. The first one was awful, the hubs couldn't stay home from work, my mother was busy, in-laws work, and the boys were sick with colds so they couldn't go play at a friends house. Taking care of 3 kids is pretty crazy on a normal day but when mom has a fever of 103 degrees, it's down right awful.
                BUT we survived!
Through answered prayers and lots of help from above, we survived. I truly thought it was a 1 time deal though! So when this second infection hit on my other side I knew I wouldn't make it by myself this time! Again 2 full days of 103 degree fever and that severe pain in the boob (literally!) I just couldn't do it by myself and LUCKILY I didnt have to. Thankfully my parents were able to step in and Brock was able to stay home a little from work and neighbors let Isaac come play!
So good news I am up on my feet today, house is of course destroyed, again when mom gets sick nothing gets done. But it'll get put back together in time! I just want to say I'm so grateful I got to call in my sick day this time! Sort of, I still had to take care of Sadie girl, but she was helpful to get the infection out...suck, suck, suck little one even though it hurts like crazy!


SO If any one out there gets Mastitis let me know I've got some helpful tricks! Now I just need to figure out how to make sure this doesn't happen again!


3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Ah, ouch! That sounds rough :( I'm glad you're feeling better!

John, Rebecca, Wesley, and Ethan Payton said...

Poor thing! I hope everything goes better!! I feel you though. I can't even hold EJ. If he cries I depend on John and my mom to help sooth him.. It's sssoooo hard. I am sorry u had to go through that not only once but twice. U r super mom!

Brittany said...

F that. i'm getting a mastectomy.