Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things I'm learning as a mom...

There are lots of things that you learn when your mom. Today the thing I was learning was spontaneity. I have to learn that it's OK if my plans don't work out exactly how I thought they would.

I've always been jealous of people that were spontaneous. they seem like such fun people to be around. But the truth is I hate being spontaneous. I love having everything planned out in advance and when things don't work out I am always upset.

But I'm learning that when your mom, most of the time things don't work out as you had planned. And being flexible and creative have to be part of your day otherwise you'll go crazy!

Today was a good example of this. All week i've planned today as my grocery shopping day. I hate grocery shopping especially with a two year old and 4 month old. This equals not fun but I dont really have a choice so I planned it out all morning. Made my list, got all 3 of us ready, etc... however when I finally got us out to the car this is what I found...


needless to say I was not going anywhere with a flat tire. So I had to be spontaneous and change around my plans. I was pretty mad for the first 5 minutes but then I realized I'm learning good life lessons here. And with a little change of attitude my whole day wasn't ruined:)

So I know I have a long way to go before I can just let things happen and go with the flow. I can't help it I'm a control freak...but I am working on getting better. And motherhood is helping me get there faster:)

4 comments:

jake.shalise said...

I had to do instead of a double take a double scroll on the computer to figure out who was who ha ha they do look so alike but yet they definitely have their own differences. I love the last picture with them haha their faces are so darling!!

I too am trying to learn to be spontaneous this is exactly how Jake is and I on the other hand have to plan everything. I hope when I'm a mom I can start to learn too :)

The Hatches said...

Oh man haha I'm the same way...I'm sure it'll be a rude awakening when I become a mom! I don't have much room for learning during school but when I'm done with everything I'm hoping that I can keep a good attitude like you!

Heather said...

Seriously...I am the same way!! Sorry about your flat tire though...completely annoying! But, your boys are still as handsome as ever.

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

I am SO totally the same way! And I'm learning every day that I can't completely depend on plans. PATIENCE. SUCH a hard thing to learn!