
I feel like about the time all my friends started having their first baby and accepting the fact that I was a mom I throw baby number two into the picture and throw everyone for another loop. I can't tell you how many times I've heard lately "wow I can't believe you have two kids! that is crazy". I agree it's crazy but I love it! And I've loved every sleepless, tired, anxious, happy, glorious minute of it!
I haven't really shared my story yet of Luke arriving into this world and since I seem to have a few minutes to myself I thought I'd so now:) Saturday May 29th I was feeling steady contractions all morning and I was hoping this was it! I was still a week early but I was ready and I was hoping he was ready as well. We dropped Isaac off at my parents around 2 and headed to the mall to see if I could get the contractions going faster then 10 minutes apart. After speed walking (waddling) the mall for an hour my contractions were 5 mintues so we decided to head to the hospital. I was nervous that they would send me home but they checked me and I was a 4 and they watched my contractions for an hour and they were every 3-5 mintues and I was a 4+ after an hour so they let me stay! I was excited and happy and ready to have this baby. Now the question was how close to midnight will he come? will it be the 29th or the 30th?
Since my last labor was only 6 hours we figured this one would be close to the same if not less. Well we figured wrong. After 16 hours of labor Luke finally made his way into the world at 6:25am the 30th. That's not even close to midnight! It was long, and not fun, full of epidural problems and dropping blood pressure. But then magically at 6:10 she checked me I was fully dialated she said lets start pushing and then we'll let the doctor know. So I started pushing and the nurse flipped out and said "No No stop! His head's right there!" so they called my doctor and crossed my legs (literally) and said whatever you do dont push. Wow that was fun:)not! Luckily my Dr lives 5 minutes from the hospital so got there by 6:20 suited up, I pushed for 2 contractions and there he was! Extremely cheesy (he was covered in vernix way more then Isaac, the nurse said it was the most she'd seen a while!) and extremely beautiful! He's my little Brock look alike, same hair color when Brock was little, same eyes, nose and same dimple which I LOVE!
Isaac has been great. He gets a little frusterated when I'm feeding, he tells me Momma No Momma No num num baby. But he loves Luke and he's a good big brother! I'm excited to see these two grow up together! Just not too fast, it's already going by too fast, it's just about been a month! I dont know how that happened! But life is great and I love being a Momma!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Mother of Two...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh my gosh I had no idea your first labor was only 6 hours! Ha, 16 isn't even that bad! Lucky lucky! Congrats though, he is such a handsome little guy!
Maybe since my first labor was H, my second labor will be easy since you decided to change it up.
I can't believe it's been a month. I really wish some days that I could freeze time.
Luke is so cute. I need to see him again, but after the germs leave our house cause of course we are all sick over here again!
that made me teary. I'm so happy for you and Brock. You are the best parents ever. Both boys are so lucky to have you and if I do HALF as good of a job at raising my kids as you do, I'll be thrilled. Seriously, you rock woman! Love you guys...and Ya-ya and Luke who has yet to have a nickname. ;)
How funny with Bryatt i was 16 hours but it was great i just slept the whole time. That is so cute how isaac say no more num nums because bryatt say that the minute he wakes up " mommy num nums" lol I love there little ways of talking.
Aww. Sounds like life is just beautiful for you! I'm so happy for you!!
Oh my goodness you lucky duck that there wasn't much pushing!! haha-I laughed (not that it's funny-especailly for you!) when I read that they had to cross your legs. I love that you are a mother of two-and a wonderful one at that!
Post a Comment