Monday, March 2, 2009

Sick Baby = No fun!


Yep little Isaac is sick! What started as a small cold over the weekend took a turn for the worst on Sunday and when I took him into the Doctor today he told me exactly what I didn't want to hear. Isaac's little cold got into his lungs and now he has RSV:( but hopefully he got in soon enough so he can recover faster then average...Since it usually takes 21 days to get better!! So we'll have to see how the next few weeks go. But he's a champ and he's still in a good mood for the most part. But while at the doctor I got some more news...Last Friday I was clipping Isaac's finger nails and I noticed that his thumb kept popping in and out of joint. I thought this couldn't be normal and so I watched it all weekend and I noticed it would get stuck when it was bent and I would have to pop it straight. Everyone thought he was just double jointed but I decided to ask the Dr. while I was there. He said he has something called trigger finger..he has a cyst growing on his tendon and it gets stuck in the bended position and if we don't have surgery on it, the thumb will eventually stay bent and he wont be able to straighten it. So now I have to take him up to a pediatric hand specialist and see if he needs surgery on his tiny little thumb! So overall we didn't have too great of a day. But I'll keep everyone posted on how the little champ is doing!

13 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

It is always sad to see them sick, they just look so helpless and sad. I hope he gets better quickly!!!!

jake.shalise said...

Ohw Isaac :( poor little guy! I hope the Doctor is right and he get's better faster. That's crazy about his finger, I hope everything goes well! Keep us posted!

The Camacho Family said...

Matthew had RSV when he was 2 weeks old, but we caught it early so it did not last very long and a hospital stay was not necessary. I hope your little one gets better soon. We will keep your family in our prayers. We have been absent from church for 2 weeks because all 3 children then us parents got sick.

The Jensens said...

Brittany you are doing such a great job as a Mom! I hope he gets feeling better! I'm sure he is so happy still because you are taking such good care of him!
Trigger finger that is so ironic that it would happen to a Payton. I have never met a Payton that didn't have a trigger finger! He will be fine! Give him a big kiss for me and my mom!

Nari said...

Aw this pic makes me sad! Poor widdle Isaac. He'll get better soon, I'll keep you guys in my prayers. I hope I get a chance to come home soon! I miss you guys too much. Love you!!

Heather said...

Oh poor lil boy!! I hope he get's better soon. And I hope things work out with his thumb. The joys of being a parent...

Kelly Jean said...

Aww. Sad news. Hopefully he gets feeling better soon!

{McGinty's} said...

oh dear. that is horrible. I hope everything turns out for the best. I can't imagine seeing them sick like that. I am not looking forward to it.

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

Oh wow, what an eventful doctors visit! I hope things get better quick and I wish you the best with the hand specialist! Spencer gives the treatments for RSV from time to time at the hospital. I hear about it all the time and I will be praying for you guys.

The Jensens said...

HAHAHAH! Lololol OMG!! I didn't mean that the Paytons have it I meant because I have never seen them with out a gun or shoting something! I am so sorry that is so funny! Leave it to me to try and be funny! I knew it sounded wierd when I wrote it! HAHAHA LOL

The Payton's Place said...

OHHH I love this pic, it makes me sad, but he's too cute for words!
And sad about his finger! I sure hope he can hold off on surgery for a while!!! What a bad news day! I hope I get to see him Sunday, though...I'm going through Isaac Withdrawls

Jace and Dusti said...

Dude B I'm so sorry! Let me know if there is anything we can do!

The Chezik Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the unfun things with isaac! Please let us know how we can help!